The International Multicultural Film Festival “IMFF”
Films Have no race or religion
Films have no race or religion! We all use moving pictures as a medium to tell a story or pass a message or change the world around us. So IMFF is not about race or religion, but about a vast group of people and communities who happen to be diverse in their race, religions, skin colour, political views, traditions, and cultures.
Festival Director and Founder
Rules & Terms:
– We only accept films in ENGLISH or with ENGLISH SUBTITLES.
– All film projects should be made (premiered) on or after 1 January 2019.
– Only ONE FILM project per director is allowed to compete. Production companies and distributors can submit as many films as they wish but they MUST be made by different directors.
-We accept only films that comply with the common sense of inclusion and celebrating our diversity. We discourage featuring nudity, drug use, explicit sex scenes, vulgar language, and so on unless they are critical to the storyline of the film and can’t be done without.
If you are in doubt please email us before you submit your film on:
-The Judging panel is not required to give reasons why a particular film was not accepted in the IMFF official selection. However, the winners may receive feedback explaining why they won.
– Short films must not exceed 40 minutes in length.
– Feature films must not exceed 120 minutes in length.
– All the films should be made after 1 January 2019.
– By submitting to the festival you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at our venues Australia-wide in 2021, namely in Australia’s major capital cities such as Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Canberra, and exclusively during the national event of IMFF in September and October 2021.
-By submitting your film, you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your press kit items for marketing purposes. Your personal information WILL NEVER be shared with third parties without your written permission.
– Selected films will be requested to provide all promotional materials for the promotion of the festival screening. We encourage you to submit a press kit upfront when you submit your film. Any submission missing media kit by the deadline would be considered INCOMPLETE.
– Media Kit includes a minimum of:
a- a trailer of no longer than 90 seconds, (you can submit two; one for Instagram and a longer one for other social media platforms.)
b- Director’s statement,
c- Film shooting photos,
d- a FILM POSTER
– All submitted film files should be DOWNLOADABLE by our staff or jury panel, in FULL HD minimal resolution, and in MOVIE, or MP4 files only.
If you have a DCP copy we encourage you to submit it later on when your film has been selected.
-Any submitted films which are found not downloadable, not in a minimum of FHD resolution (1080 X 1920), and not in English or without English subtitles, will be marked as incomplete. If you cannot rectify that, your film will be rejected and no refund will be issued.
– Student filmmakers get a concession and they are highly encouraged to submit their films. We may ask for a student card or any other evidence to prove their status as students if needed.
– the filmmakers of the officially selected films will be requested to sign an indemnity form, as well as providing a copy of their photo ID, for security and safety purposes.
– We will have all selected films screened online (IMFF COUCHED) along with our in-theatre screenings, to enable the maximum audience to watch your films worldwide. If you have concerns, or simply you do not wish to participate in our online screening then please let us know. We will send an agreement for this to everyone at due courses.
Perth, Western Australia, 6000.
(+61) 0414 155 366